Monday, June 05, 2006

"If They Don't Win It's a Shame" chap 6

Chapter 6

Jazzelle cupped her hands around the mug of hot tea, "So you saw this man in the restaraunt..who is he?" she watched as Aria's already white face blanched a pale shade.

"The father of my son." the words were hallow and made Jazzi nearly fall off of her chair.

"Your son?" her eyes were wide, she knew that, but she'd never known about a son.

Aria nodded, her eyes sorrowful as she reguarded Jazzi, "Isaac Alexander McKenzie..at least that's what I would have called him had I kept him. I couldn't though. Too many memories and Jerry was after me. I couldn't let him have Isaac. He doesn't know about Isaac and I'd rather if he never did. My baby was adopted by a nice couple in my old church, I had to leave after that. I couldn't bear to see him with his new family." she sighed and wiped at the tears that now dripped down her cheeks in twin trails. "I was raped, Jazzi. Jerry Reynolds, he seemed like a good guy. He really did. I was so in love with him, but I held firm to my beliefs. I wouldn't have sex before I was married. Jerry didn't like that. Not one bit." Her tears fell faster now as she shook her head.

Jazzi reached a hand out and rubbed Aria's back gently.

"He followed me home that night I was walking home from the park. I could feel someone behind me, and when I turned and saw the look in his eyes I knew it was wrong. I started to run. I just wasn't fast enough, Jazzi. His arms grabbed mine, and..." sobs began to echo in her kitchen.

"Oh Aria." feeling the tears burn her own eyes, Jazzelle pulled her new friend into a haphazard hug hoping to take the hurt from her. The woman had lived with this for so long. Now she was reliving it because of one glimpse of that man. Burning with rage, yet held to her spot, Jazzi simply talked quietly to Aria and prayed with her. There was nothing she could do, no revenge that would pay that man for what he did to Aria. But, Jazzelle knew Andre would be perfect for Aria. She would feel the love she'd never felt before, and it would be mutual.

The door creaked behind them, and Andre walked into the kitchen "Hey...what's wrong?" his eyes were troubled as he saw Aria's tear stained face on Jazzelle's shoulder.

Nodding to Aria, she stood, "I'll leave the two of you alone."

--

Aria reguarded Andre's face devoid of all emotion aside from worry as he looked at her.

"Please tell me you're alright?"

She nodded, "I will be once I tell you what I just told Jazzi." Slowly, she launched into the story once more, until Andre's face transformed into angry and then soft as she explained about Isaac.

His hand covered her's, "I'll help you through this, Aria."

She smiled, "I know you will, that's why I told you. I had to get Jazzi's opinion first. I needed to get it out."

Tugging her closer, he tucked her into his arms and hugged her tight. A smile stretched her face as she snuggled into his arms. This was right.

"Thank you." she whispered into his ear.

"For what? You're the one revealing your past." he looked at her, eyes confused.

"For being here, for listening and understanding. For offering to help me through it. For the hug most of all."

"The hug is my pleasure, Aria. I like you a lot, you know that right?"

She nodded, "I know, because I feel the same way."

"You want to go see a movie or something?" he inquired.

Again she nodded, "Sure thing. Let's go let Jazzi know we're leaving?"

He shook his head, "I think Jazzi already knows." Motioning toward the door, she saw Jazzi flash them the thumbs up sign.

Aria laughed, "Doesn't she EVER mind her own business?"

"Not until we give someone to mind HER business." he chuckled, tugging her toward his car.

--

Andre liked the feeling of Aria's head on his shoulder as they watched the movie together. His hand held tight to her's. There was something incredible about the strength this woman exuded and showed in her everyday life. Especially with the story she'd told him moments before the movie. He smiled as he watched her eyes slowly close. Something had told him telling her story had left her tired emotionally, yet she lay there with a smile on her face. It had set her free finally telling someone about herself. About the part that so made up her character.

Still something inside of him wanted to kill that man who'd done such a thing to her. He couldn't see straight when she'd said that man had touched her, had hurt her so badly. Left her with a son she'd had no choice but to give up, even though she so loved children.

Sighing, Andre reached over and swept his hand down her cheek, she was so sweet. So beautiful. She deserved a life that made her happy from now on. Could he give that to her? He hoped so. Because, if he had his way, she'd never be sad like that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home