Friday, August 11, 2006

"The Ole Ball Game Series Explained!"



Hi Everybody!!

I'm so sad to see this series end! But, I thought it'd be fun to tell you all how it started, who the characters actually represented and some more stuff about the series.

First of all, the series started because I was bored (as always) and thought it'd be funny to write a story using my real life friends as characters. So I started with my sister, and the characters kept getting added. Soon we had a six character series!! I couldn't get enough of writing the characters, and soon they each had their own story. Most of my friends, my sister and I included are sports fanatics, so I definitely had to make the series surround what is closest to my heart, BASEBALL! Especially Yankee Stadium and New York.

Who the characters actually represented?

The first story ("Take Me Out to the Ball Game")
Was about Charity, who is really my sister Chrissy.
The baseball fanatic who is in love with athletic guys. Her personality was really captured in Charity, and I'm pleased to announce that I made up her hero. Eventually, though, I hope she ends up with a guy better than Alex. And maybe in the end, I wont have to do any matchmaking!


The second story ("Route for the Home Team") was based on my good friend Lydia. :) Lidia was most definitely a stretch of the imagination. Right? Not really. She was very much like her character, well except in some parts. heh. Obviously I got as close as I could. I matched her up with someone who really does exist, and obviously they have some chemistry. Their great together..however, sometimes fiction is different than real life. Right? Maybe eventually, love wont be such a story. But then again, life does surprise. Again I did my best to capture Lydia. She's great, one of my most faithful readers. She's also a writer & you should all check out her blog!!



Third was Keely's story, "1,2,3 strikes your out". It was inspired by one of my best friends, Kellie. She's the sweetest, deepest person I know. During the story, a lot of you were surprised by the quick change of events in her seemingly happy story. But as the story states 1,2,3 strikes sometimes your out. I wanted to capture the feeling that not all stories have happy endings, and the real life people that you use sometimes don't work out. Thankfully though, Kellie, and Keely in the story, is incredibly resilient. She is one of the strongest people I know. Even though she's dealt with so much tough stuff in her life, she still takes the time to listen to others.



Fourth story was "Take Me Out...Period!" I really wanted to capture a good friend of mine and my sister's, she's so much like a sister to us I hesitate to call her friend. Bethanie is really, Beckie. A country girl at heart, transplanted to the city. Within the timeline of the story she finally finds her cowboy, the guy she's waited for all of her life. She's come to terms with growing up, and being who she is. A sweet girl with a huge heart, especially for the country. Sometimes she takes the role of the ditz, but generally she knows what she's going to say and makes sure it's said. In real life, she's quite more than that, but she's so much fun. Her hero, T.C. was also fabricated, yet hope is out that such a man exists. The perfect man of God, turned cowboy just for her ;)



The fifth story, "If they don't win it's a shame" was fashioned solely for the male character of the story. Andre. Andre is in reality my friend Ant. He's a great guy, so into baseball which is awesome. A fantastic witness for Christ and his goodness, as he raps the gospel. How cool is that? Aria was made up, yet again. (I love making up characters!!) But, hopefully a girl twice as good as her exists for the guy who gives some of the best advice and takes the role of brother incredibly.



The sixth and final story was "The Ole' Ball Game." My own story. Yes, I was Jazzelle. I suppose its time now to disclose that my hero is my real life hero. Danny. :) We've been together now for almost six months, and I can only hope that our ending is half as happy as I've written for us. I really am sort of a matchmaker at heart, being as I'm a romance writer & love giving advice to my friends and others. Danny is very much a match maker too. EVERYONE goes to him with problems, and he's more than happy to lend a listening ear. It's one of those things I love about him. I love him more every day. He's incredible and very much a real life hero. One of the guys girls label as "one of the good ones." Anyway..the final pics follow. :)






Hope you enjoyed the series, please leave some comments as to your thoughts!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lydia said...

Awww.. I'm so emotional today!!! I cried.. the series ended and i some how managed to cry? Thats very sickening anyway. I'm so sad its ending but i loved it. I really wish you'd have used a different picture of me but i guess i could settle... eh.. maybe thats what made me cry :P. anyway jo it all was great. I SO LOVED IT ALL!!!!!

Lydee

P.S. Maybe the crying is just from seeing the movie "World trade center" today and witnessing a shoot out all in the same day. The series i love ending was just the push i needed to fall over the edge. Oye....

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home