Wednesday, June 07, 2006

"If They Don't Win It's A Shame" chap 8

Chapter 8

Aria woke in a strange room, her heart beat fast as she turned this way and that to get a better view of her surroundings. The door opened to the room, and she tried to find somewhere to hide. Too bad the person behind the door was faster than she.

"It's okay, you're safe now." it was Jazzelle's friend Lidia.

"Where am I?" she asked, feeling completely lost.

"You're at my house. When Andre said he needed somewhere to put you that would keep you safe, I volunteered. I figure, if someone is going to join our little group then I might as well check them out too. You'll be here for about a week or so, far as anyone can tell..." Lidia smiled at her.

"Oh..okay..." Aria was incredibly confused, but she'd learned long ago agreeing got you farther than disagreeing. "So, who's taking care of my father and Brayden?"

"Andre. He really cares about you, honey. If you ask me, which you didn't but I'll give my opinion anyway, he's the perfect guy for you." Lidia smiled knowingly as she watched Aria, "You already know that. Look at you blushing!"

"I..I don't know anything. Especially not about Andre. I just met him a few weeks ago." she pinned the woman with a look, hoping she'd stop talking about her relationship. No such luck, apparently.

"That never stopped the rest of us. Although Keely and I knew our men before hand. Everyone else just met them. Heck, Charity and Alex are getting married already!" Lidia smiled widely as she presented her case. Apparently Andre's friends were just like this, she'd definitely have to get used to it. First Jazzelle now Lidia.

"Married?" she choked, would she get married? And to whom? Andre? Her heart was beating even faster now that she thought of him. The blue walls seemed to be closing in on her, her breathing grew labored.

"Oh wow, you're really not ready for all of that talk, are you?" Lidia laughed and patted Aria's shoulder. "You will be. Believe me."

Aria watched Lidia walk out the door of her home for the next week or so. Something about the woman told her they'd be good friends before the week was up. However, right now she needed to focus on what she'd do about Andre and her feelings for him.

--

Andre smiled at Aria across Lidia's kitchen table, "So your Dad sends his reguards."

"I'll call him later." Aria replied quietly, staring at the ceiling.

Lidia smiled, "I'm going to head to the living room, Altan's on his way over anyway. You two have a lot to talk about, I'm sure." She quickly retreated to the other room, closing the door in between the rooms.

"Okay, Aria, what's wrong?" he asked after the door had closed.

"What? Wrong? Nothing." she shook her head, yet her eyes never quite met his.

Sighing, he dragged his chair over beside hers and turned her chair to face him. Reaching one hand out, he cupped her face in his hand forcing her eyes to meet his. "What is wrong?" he annunciated each word as he stared into the depths of her green eyes.

"Lidia said we'll end up married, what do you think of that? Knowing about my past, knowing what I'm like, knowing my work schedule...could you really marry me?" tears shimmered in her eyes as she stared back into his eyes.

"Of course, and in a heart beat, Aria." He watched her throat work as she tried not to cry, and he smiled softly. Tugging her closer, he pressed his lips to hers. He'd done it. Finally, he'd kissed her.

When he pulled away, Aria was still staring at him, "Wow."

He chuckled, "Yeah, I know."

--

Lidia grinned at Altan, "It's so cute! Their so in love, but it's so new. I miss when you were like that." she poked him.

"Oh shut up, I'm still the same." he said with confidence.

"Right, instead of 'I love you Lidia', I get 'pass the remote, Lid.'"she frowned at Altan and reached for the phone, "Nevermind, I'll just call Jazzi, she'll understand."

Shaking his head, Altan tugged the phone from her hands, "When I get through with you, you won't remember about Jazzi." He laughed before pulling her closer.

"Wow..you sure you're still Altan?" she could feel her heart begin to race as he pressed his lips to hers.

"Does it matter?"

She shook her head, "At this point? No way. You're a better kisser than Altan anyhow."

The phone rang, and Lidia looked at him before watching him toss the phone. Laughing now, she returned his kiss and ignored the phone she was mostly sure Jazzi was on the other end of. At this point, who cared? Not her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home